We're looking for a uniquely qualified individual to help us maintain our enterprise help desk solution, HelpSpot. In this role you will learn every nook and cranny of HelpSpot, develop bug fixes and feature enhancements in the legacy code base (cannot be afraid of working in a PHP 4 style application) and implement large scale initiatives that will secure HelpSpot's position as a market leading support solution.
However, there's a lot more to this role than just maintaining HelpSpot. As a customer service focused company, providing great support is a number one priority of all employees. The person in this position can expect to spend several hours a day working support escalations; varying from simply helping first level support with a tough question to jumping on a GoToMeeting and assisting a customer with server configuration.
It's a very unique individual that has the combination of technical skills we need alongside the attention to customer satisfaction this position requires. It's a role for someone eager to learn and not afraid to roll up their sleeves and pitch-in.
- Demonstrated programming experience.
- Broad technical curiosity.
- Self-motivated learner.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Possess the ability to be a self-directed team player.
- Ability to take a Customer-focused approach to all tasks.
Experience in most of the following preferred:
Back to Top
- SQL, including the various dialects in MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres
- Web servers, specifically IIS and Apache
- Linux, Windows and OSX
- Formalized customer service (help desk, retail)
- HelpSpot or other help desk applications